Thursday, April 30, 2009

Enjoy nature

As I went for my 4 mile run today in the rain, I noticed a couple of people looking at me sideways. Why? It's just a little rain. I quite like it, actually. It keeps you cool, and you are more in touch with nature.... it's all over you!

Anyway, on my run I decided that there's two major problems in this world. The first is greed. We can trace a lot of problems down to greed. Open your eyes, people! Who cares if you have a sweet looking plasma TV, or a nice car. What matters most is how you feel about yourself. The best way to have a rich life, I say, is to have close friends. I'm lucky to have that in my wife and my kids, as well as my extended family and friends (although, I've never really connected with anyone like I did my friends in college). Pouring one for my homies!

The other major problem is patience. I had three cars turn right in front of me as I was running on the sidewalk. I'm sure two of them saw me and turned anyway. You can't wait literally 2 seconds longer for me to pass in front of you as I'm legally allowed to do at a pedestrian crossing? Geez man! But it's more than just waiting 2 seconds. There's nothing wrong, of course, with wanting that cool plasma TV. But don't put it on your credit card to get it right now. Be patient, the time will come when you can buy it on your own. And if it does not come, then, you shouldn't.

I generally side with the democrats, but stuff like this makes me cringe: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103650644. Dudes, what business does our gov have dealing with credit cards. Teach people not to be stupid. Teach people not to continue to use a card if they don't like the business practices. Don't just make a silly law to try to force the corps to be "nice". It won't work. If you want the CC companies to give you what you want, don't use the crap they put out there.

See, that's what running in the rain will do for you. You just think too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment