To the guy the other day that yelled "Go Lance!" at me while I was commuting home:
1. Thanks, you motivated me to finish my ride a bit faster than usual. Because you either honestly mistook me for one of the greatest cyclist that ever lived, or:
2. You're an idiot.
3. Do you yell "Go Michael" when you see some guys playing basketball? "Go Tiger" when you see someone teeing off? Maybe I'll come to your job at McDonalds and yell "Go Ronald!" as you're changing the fries...
Yes, cyclists wear silly clothes. So to football players, basketball players, and don't even get me started on golf. Whatever. It's part of it. But then again, so is getting yelled at by fat obnoxious guys.
Really, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often to me. I hear cyclists telling me all the time about getting pegged by fast food pitched out of moving vehicles, cars trying to run them off the road, etc. etc.. It's never happened to me. I had one car honk at me, and Mr. Ultimate Fan above, and that's about it. I guess it pays to ride a dedicated bike path most of the time. I consider myself lucky to live where I do and can get in a nice commute without the traffic.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In defense of every other sport on the planet.. bikers wear the absolute worst clothes conceivable. It's like it's not ready to be worn by a biker until it has no discernible color pattern and has random advertisements splotched all over it, for companies that the biker likely has never even heard of, much less are SPONSORED by. :p
ReplyDelete3 things...
ReplyDelete1. Mike, you haven't seen hilarious until you've seen his mountain bike overalls. Yes, I said overalls.
2. Jason, you crack me up. Love the comment about "Go Ronald!" LOL
3. Jason, Miles loves your profile picture.
I give you points for color schemes. I don't get orange, pink and blue with purple lettering. Some say it's so you are seen by cars, but it's a bit flamboyant for my taste. But sponsors? I call BS. My jersey has sponsors plastered all over it. Because those companies sponsor my team. There are a lot of amateur teams sponsored even by the big companies like Garneau and Kenda (like ours). In return for flying their logos when we race and train, we get deals on their equipment. I don't have a problem with that. It's better in my eyes than buying an $80 t-shirt from Abercrombie and having an advertisement for Abercrombie on it. So, really, the only thing I can say is some bikers wear incomprehensible color schemes, but as for the logos and the type of clothes, can't say bikers are any worse or better than "mainstream" sports. Nothing like a fat man in spandex on the football field to further that point. Or the hideous basketball shoes I see people wearing around these days. Pure silliness.
ReplyDelete